SOFI-expertise is a collaboration of the Dutch universities and KNAW. For our members we provide advice and services in the area of cross-border employment (tax, social security, labor law, and immigration). In order to provide our services in the best possible way, we request personal data from you and your employees in the Topdesk Self-service Portal https://sofi-expertise.topdesk.net
When carrying out its services, we comply with the applicable laws and regulations in the field of the protection of personal data, as laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation and the ensuing regulations. This means, among other things, that we treat your personal data and your employees’ personal data confidentially, and takes measures to protect personal data. In this Privacy Statement, we tell you as clearly as possible how we handle your personal data and that of your employees.
What personal data does SOFI-expertise collect? And what do we do with your personal data?
We collect the following personal data:
- If you subscribe to the newsletter or register for a Topdesk Self-service account, we process the data that you yourself provide to us. It concerns your name, e-mail address, and the university for which you work. This information is required by us in order to deliver the newsletter or to make the information on our platform available.
- When you register for a seminar, we process the personal data that you yourself provide to us. It concerns your name, e-mail address, and the university for which you work. We use this data for the registration for, communication about, and organization of the Seminar or Webinar.
- If you register as an applicant in the Topdesk Self-service Portal for the submission of applications for the 30% tax facility or the submission of helpdesk questions, we process the personal data that you yourself provide on registration. This concerns your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and the (address details of the) university and unit for which you work. We use these data for the performance of our services (assessing applications for the 30% tax facility, tax obligation, and/or obligation to pay contributions and the feedback thereof to you as the applicant).
- If an application for the 30% tax facility is submitted on your behalf, we will process the personal data that you yourself (via your employer) provide to us by means of the agreement for services. SOFI-expertise processes data required to assess your application for the 30% tax facility. This concerns the information on the application form (such as your name, address, and BSN), your CV, plus a copy of your employment contract. If it is necessary for the assessment, the evidence provided by you of your domicile and/or residence, previous employment contracts, and a Master’s degree or PhD will also be processed.
- If an employer asks us for the assessment of tax or social security obligations of the employer or the employee, we process the data necessary for this advice and the assessment. These concern personal details you provide to us (via your employer). These are the details on the application form (such as your name, address and BSN) and the details on your university’s registration form (such as the duration and scope of your employment contract, job details, and the location where you will be performing your work).
With whom does SOFI-expertise share personal data?
We use your personal data only for the performance of our services. The personal data that we receive from the employer or employee will not be shared with third parties unless this is necessary for the performance of one of our services:
- If you have provided personal data to us in connection with participation in a seminar, we will provide your personal data (name, e-mail address, and university for which you work) to other participants of the seminar only if you have explicitly given permission for this at the time of your registration.
- If you have provided personal data to us via your employer in connection with an application for the 30% tax facility, we will provide the Tax and Customs Administration with the personal data required under our agreement with them. Based on the personal data provided by us, the Tax and Customs Administration decides whether or not to grant the application of the 30% tax facility.
- If personal data is provided via the employer in connection with an assessment of the social security and/or tax obligations, SOFI-expertise will not provide your personal data to any third parties. An exception to this rule applies if we are required (by either employee or employer) to submit the request (and therefore your personal data) to the Tax and Customs Administration for a formal assessment of your obligations. We do not share your personal data with external consultant agencies unless you explicitly ask us to do this.
It is self-evident that SOFI-expertise does not provide more personal data than necessary to third parties. If we provide your personal data to third parties, this will always be done in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and prior agreements will be made with the external party about the provision of your personal data.
Where does SOFI-expertise store your personal data and how are they protected?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. Your personal data is stored on secure servers. Your and your employees’ personal data that are provided via the Topdesk Self-service Portal are stored in the Topdesk database. The staff of SOFI-expertise only has access to these data on the basis of access permissions specificly for role in the proces.
How long does SOFI-expertise store your personal data?
We do not store your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which they have been processed. The following time limits are applied:
- If you have subscribed to the newsletter or registered for the Topdesk Self-service Portal, we will retain your personal data until you withdraw your consent. You can unsubscribe or deregister at any time. You can submit a request to this effect via email@example.com.
- If you are an applicant of a 30% tax facility or if an application has been submitted on your behalf, we will store your details:
- If the Tax and Customs Administration decided to grant the application of the 30% tax facility, for seven years after the duration of the 30% tax facility in accordance with our obligations towards the Tax and Customs Administration.
- If the application is withdrawn or the Tax and Customs Administration issues a rejection, we delete your data 1 year the last action in the case.
- If you are an applicant of social security and/or tax obligations or if an assessment of has been submitted on your behalf, we will store these data until 1 years after the last action in the file.
Rights of the data subject
Does someone process your personal data? Then you have a number of rights. These are the right of access, the right of rectification, the right of erasure, the right restriction, the right to data portability, the right to object, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. More information about these rights can be found on the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Do you wish to make use of these rights? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement? Please contact us via email@example.com